Nominations are now open for two Independent Commissioner positions on the Basketball SA Commission.
The Independent Commissioners play a vital role in the shaping of the strategic direction for basketball in South Australia. The Commission has primary responsibility to the members for the sustainability and relevance of Basketball SA by guiding and monitoring its business and affairs. In carrying out its responsibilities, the Commission undertakes to serve the interests of Basketball SA members, employees, customers and the broader community.
Basketball SA (BSA) is the peak body for basketball in South Australia and has the following key primary responsibilities:
• To govern over basketball in South Australia.
• To provide performance pathways, programs, services and competitions for players, coaches, officials and administrators.
• To provide education and training to assist the development of coaches, officials and administrators
• To drive and support the growth of the sport from the grassroots community level through to the elite programs.
• To develop and grow the profile of basketball.
• To provide strategic direction for the sport in South Australia
A Commission Member Nomination Pack, including information on Basketball SA; the Commission role and responsibilities; and a nomination form, is available below or alternatively please contact the Basketball SA Chief Executive Officer, Mark Hubbard via email@example.com.
We would appreciate it if you could circulate this information to anyone that you know fitting the Independent Commissioner selection criteria.
Nominations close on Monday, 19 September 2016 at 5:00pm.
Nominations will be considered by a Nominations Committee and then forwarded to the Basketball SA Council (member representatives) for consideration at the Annual General Meeting on 23 October 2016. Nominees shall be informed of the outcomes of the elections the week following the AGM.