Aussie Hoops is an introductory program for 5-10 year olds, providing both boys and girls a safe and enjoyable basketball experience
In addition to promoting healthy and active lifestyles, the program serves as a platform for social development and inclusion - fostering stronger and more vibrant communities and individuals.
BENEFITS FOR CHILDREN
- Children learn the fundamental motor skills for future physical activity and sports participation
- Children learn the basics of fitness conditioning, muscle management and well-being
- Children learn the importance of health and nutrition
- Important physiological and mental skills are nurtured
- Respect for others as well as social, team work and cooperation skills are developed
- Contact with coaches, ambassadors, older children and parents provides valuable role modelling
- Children are exposed to multi-functional environments creating greater self-confidence
- Physically active children are more attentive, have a more efficient memory and better problem solving skills
- Children are coached and encouraged by accredited and periodically assessed coaches
- Children are exposed to the Australian Basketball pathway from Vicinity Centres Aussie Hoops through to the elite level
- Vicinity Centres Aussie Hoops provides a structured and federally endorsed program for children to participate in over a five year period
Currently, there are 15 Aussie Hoops Centres in South Australia with 23 programs available.
For further information on Aussie Hoops and to locate your nearest Aussie Hoops Centre, please click here.